Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sunflowers!

Seeds planted
"Sunflowers! I could plant sunflower seeds, too!" I thought excitedly as I saw the flower seed options!

I came home with great anticipation. I hadn't found the flower starts that I had hunted for. But, I had found seeds. I would plant flower seeds in my beautiful pots and see them grow. I could also plant sunflower seeds. It seemed to represent all that would be in store for the summer. I bought soil, and carefully put the soil in the pots. I placed several sunflower seeds in one rectangular pot. I also placed several sunflower seeds in the ground. It would be fun to see what came up. I quickly realized that I shouldn't have placed the sunflower seeds in a pot, for they would grow very tall. The plants would need more room for the roots. I left the seeds planted in the pot, and planned to transplant them when they grew. (if they grew :) )

I asked God to help the seeds grow. Yes I did! :) I'm not known as having a "green thumb." I can follow directions regarding planting, and I have many gifts. Gardening hasn't seemed to be one of my gifts though. However, I was going to "get good at this planting & plant stuff!" Big. Tall. Beautiful Sunflowers! It was going to be amazing!

I was overjoyed as I saw little greenery coming up from the ground! The seeds were growing!!!

Huge-fun-beautiful Sunflower!
Last week, I saw a dear one's sunflowers. Hers were planted months ahead of mine, and they were so tall! It was so fun to see!! I also knew I'd better transplant mine out of those pots.

I carefully dug up two plants. I transplanted them. The bigger plant needed some extra dirt support around the stem and roots. "Nope-you aren't falling over," I told it. "You need more room (in the ground for roots) to grow tall and be who you are suppose to be."

Time to replant for more root room






The connections were quickly made in my heart. Was there anywhere in my life where I've planted a seed thinking it would grow nicely in a pot? But, that seed really was meant to grow into something much bigger-God had bigger plans for that seed and it would need more room for the roots to grow deep to support all that was in store. What dreams-desires-ideas had I been given by God that I had put in a pot instead of in a space allowing it to grow big? What was I doing that I underestimated? Where was I to be a very big sunflower, and I had myself in a small pot? I wasn't sure of all the answers. But, they were good questions to continue to ponder.

God does have AMAZING things in store for each day! Was I valuing each of them? Am I giving room for the sunflower(s) in my life to grow? They need time, water, and sunshine. What are the things in my life that I need to give "time, water, and sunshine to?"

I was reminded of when I was watching a beautiful sunset over the ocean a few weeks ago.  I was asked by a dear friend, "what are your dreams? You so encourage me and others to dream. What are you dreaming about?" The tears could have rolled, but I held them in. I didn't want to go there. Several of my dreams,  I've needed to lie down. They are in God's hands. Another dream (a challenge) is an up and down journey with switchbacks along the road. I love how "God is in the switchbacks!" (Joel Dombrow) (God is with me through all the twists and turns of the road...) I'm trusting God. I continue to lift it up to Him...He knows...

It's fun to see some possible "sunflower plants" beginning to grow in my heart, and to wonder if maybe those are dreams & possible doors God is opening. I've also been in awe as I've seen  incredible full grown "sunflowers" given to me, recently, that have left me speechless.

I'll keep looking up to God! I'll Dream. I'll continue to "add water, and allow sunshine & time" to those "sunflower seeds."

Do you have any seeds you need to plant, transplant, add water, or allow sunshine and time?

No comments:

Post a Comment