![]() |
| July 1, 2016 The only option was to get in the water! :) I did! |
When I meet people for the first time, common questions are: "Are you married? How many children do you have?" At times, this was hard for me to answer because my dream was to be married, and to have children by the time I was 30. God has had other plans for me. Now, I answer those question with a smile. "No, I'm not married. No, I don't have children of my own. No, this wasn't my dream, but God has me on another path." Many times people don't know what to do with that information. Responses vary. Some tell stories about someone they know who didn't get married until a certain age. "When you least expect it, it will happen...," is another common response. It has become an opportunity for me to explain further. "Yes, it (marriage) could happen, or it could not. I'm okay with that. God has amazing plans in store for me with, or without a husband. I get to love God and others well."
In those conversations, I usually don't have time to explain all the incredible adventures God has given me. For example, on my birthday, I've been to Nantucket (more than once), Hawaii (more than once), Haiti, Africa, Idaho, California, and Oregon. During those birthdays, I've been on a plane, at the ocean (different oceans), Knott's Berry Farm, waterfalls, and at a farm. On other occasions, I've traveled to Rwanda, Africa (four times), Hawaii (several times), Italy, St. Martin, Florida, Texas, Spain, Boston, Michigan, Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Texas, Connecticut, Vermont, Washington D.C, Philadelphia, Canada, and England. I've spent time on a sailboat for a week at a time. (more than once). I've climbed Mt. St. Helens, completed a marathon, and 1/2 marathon. I get the privilege daily to travel the road of life with dear ones God has given me. There are mountains and valleys along those paths. I'm so blessed to have them traveling with me.
So, no, I am not married, and I don't have children of my own. I have had the privilege to be a nanny for wonderful families. I get to be Auntie to my brother's children, and to other dear children in my world. I get to sponsor four precious girls in Rwanda, Africa. I've taught hundreds of children through the years.
I have amazing dear ones who love me well, and I get to do my best to love them well. Isn't that what life is about according to Jesus? We get to love God and others well.
Happy June 30th!

No comments:
Post a Comment