Thursday, July 20, 2017

Not Stuff

I was up very late preparing for the amazing journey ahead to Africa.  As I climbed into bed, I was reminded that the clothes & supplies I put in my carry on & the clothes ect. I have in the suitcases are more than what many precious kids and families in Rwanda.

I was reminded how life is not about the stuff we have.

We don't take it with us when our souls leave earth.

Life isn't about if we are married or not, or if we have biological kids.

Life isn't about if we own a home, rent a home, or where we live.

Life isn't about if we drive a car, have a car, or are in the process of buying a car.

Life isn't about where we go or don't go on vacation.

We can enjoy all those things, but it isn't to rule and reign our lives.

Are we living generous lives with what we have been given?

Life is about a relationship with God who created us to be in relationship with Him.

Life is about loving well those He has given us where He has placed us.

Let's do the important things really well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment