Saturday, June 4, 2011

An Adventure

Romans 8:28 "And we know God works all things together for good to those that know Him, and are called according to His purpose."

So, I literally had 3 "to do" lists going. One was for my move, one for Grandma's, and one for the end of the school year. It was like I was juggling 3 lists of many things in the air. The balls came to the ground with an, "okay, I give," when I injured my foot at school. I left school immediately to go to immediate care. I came home that evening with a cast, and crutches. That was NOT on the "to do" list. :) For some reason God allowed that to happen. I have needed to elevate, ice, and rest my foot. It has forced me to allow others to help me. Friends, and family packed me up, and moved me. Colleagues have pitched in to help me stay off my foot as much as possible. Friends, and family have helped with Grandma's move. I have had to live one day at a time tackling the tasks for that day. Aren't we to live that way anyway? :) I do not fully know why God allowed me to injure my foot. I have seen His love and care for me in very tangible ways, though, through the hands and feet of others. Believing God 's love and that He is at work even when I don't have all the answers. I'm also praying for this foot to heal quickly! :)

1 comment:

  1. Well Pam, you are quite self reliant (not a bad trait for a single woman) but maybe God just wanted you to know that you are loved by many and do not have to always handle life all on your own.
    You are also a very giving person so maybe you needed a lesson is graciously receiving. I know I have had to learn that at times. In both of these things you again are so much your Mom's girl.

    ReplyDelete