Saturday, October 15, 2011

Perspective is a Choice. :)

Perspective is a choice. I choose a joyful, and grateful one. :)

I just had the best time looking at pictures from a Rwandan team member! Oh, the memories flood in, and I am right back in Rwanda. :)

Joy to see my Deodetta in this photo this
am! :) She is one of  my sponsored girls
in Rwanda through Africa New Life.
Within minutes, this precious babe was sound
asleep.  Alex had picked him up only minutes
earlier.  What a beautiful,  tangible picture of
 how we get to fully trust our Heavenly Father,
as this babe trusted Alex.
Today, I am home resting and recovering. :) I have SO MUCH to be grateful for. I have had, and do have many praying for me. I have gotten to go to the doctor's office several times. I get to go. I get to ask questions. I have gotten to take medicine to help me. I get to rest on this soft, comfy sofa in my fluffy, soft jams and robe.  When my arm reacted at home to a blood draw, I was able to apply a clean warm compress several times. I was able to elevate it with pillows.

When traffic came to a halting stop on the freeway this week, I fully skidded. I am so grateful that I did not hit the car in front of me, and that the car behind me did not hit me.  That afternoon, I drove out of a parking lot, and immediately realized something was very wrong with the car. I pulled over quickly. Wow! I had a total flat tire. I was on the rim. So grateful that I had car insurance that would help me get to Les Schwab. The appointments I had were cancelled. The best part was that I got to sit in my car, while waiting for the tow company, and was able to chat, and catch up with a friend. My heart was so buoyed up in huge ways. So great to laugh, giggle, and share life with friends.  I was overjoyed. What a BIG gift in my day!!! :) Thank you Kellie! :)

I don't know what the road ahead fully holds. There are tears, laughter, pain, celebrations, and joys along this road called life. I choose to keep looking for the gifts along the way even in the pain and sorrow. I am reminded of James 1:2, "Consider it pure joy...when you face trials of many kinds."
What are your gifts today? Much love to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment