Thursday, November 10, 2011

Indescribable Joy

My Maria's little brother climbed upon the bags of
food being delivered 

I am very, very happy where I am living. I am so glad that I am where I am renting, and that I do not own a home right now. I fully believe I was to wait on buying, and I have peace that it is the right decision.  If I eventually do own one, great, if not, that is great too. It means that God has another plan for me. I know that I am to make wise financial decisions according to the Bible. But, there isn't a verse that says, "thou shall own a house." :) Everything I have belongs to God, and I know He will continue to show me how to steward that well. I brought nothing into this world, and I will take nothing out of it. :) As I was reminded in church today, I get to "seek first God's kingdom..." 

When I was delivering food and items to my girls in Rwanda, and food to friend's children, I remember where I was on a road, and I thought, "was it worth it to be able to do this? was it worth it to have the funds to deliver this food to these precious families?" YES!!! The joy I had in my heart was indescribable!!!! :) I want to live in such a way that I am able to do that. As these children, and families see God's provision for them, they are meeting Jesus. That is for eternity! :) 

I was overjoyed to hear about Jovanus' dad. He was the little boy who had surgery to have his knees reversed. He lives at Kageo, which is at the edge of a game park.  A team was there about 1 1/2 years ago, and saw Jovanus. Several came back to the US, and began working to see what could be done for him. Funds were raised. Long story short, when I was there, I got to take him and his mom back to Kageo after his surgery in Uganda. I was there when his father saw him for the first time. When I was buying food for others, I asked Rebecca, "what about Jovanus?" They were in the truck with us driving. We were at the shop (Rebecca and I). I was able to purchase large bags of sugar, rice, and maize flour, (and maybe some other things..can't remember all we purchased.....) But, when Rebecca told the mom, she about leaped out of the back seat into my lap. :) She was so happy. When we got to the home, the father was told about the food, and I guess me, and he embraced me in a huge way. I learned after returning home that the dad who didn't go to church, or believe in God began a relationship with God, and now goes to church. I don't say all this for applause or praise. This is how I want to live-a generous life, and out of that for others to know Jesus. Many, many, many were part of helping this family. I want to be able to have the funds to do that. It may mean temporary sacrifices here on earth. I'm okay with that. :) 

This life on earth is temporary. :) So, yes, maybe one day I will own my own home, and if so that will be great, and if not, God has other plans for me.  He's got it figured out. :) I get to follow Him, and listen to His still small voice. 

2 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. I love your compassionate heart Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittani-
    That is so sweet. It was a delight to see your love in action with the children in Rwanda. Sending much love to you-

    ReplyDelete