On a crisp, cool morning this week, I went to my drawer to pull out black socks to wear. I pulled out one pair. I put it back thinking, "I want the soft ones."My mind echoed the thought, "I want the soft ones." I immediately was back in Rwanda with my sweet Maria. I had bought her socks at her school. I purchased 3 pair, and asked the staff if that was a normal amount of socks to have. For, I wanted her to have all the socks she could use, but at the same time I didn't want to cause her jealousy issues with friends, or neighbors. The staff assured me that was a good amount.
Socks. I drove to work, and the whole way I was grateful for socks. I thought about the many children and adults I've met in Rwanda who didn't have shoes, let alone socks. And, I wanted the "soft socks."
I was so grateful for my soft socks, and for all my socks. They are gifts from God; His provision for me.
I am blessed, and those blessings aren't for me to hold onto myself. I get to be a vehicle for God to work in and through me. I'll be asking my other 2 sponsored girls if they need socks.
Is there anyone that you can give some "socks" to today?
Love to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment