| "Peace be with you." |
"When it was evening on the first day of the week, Jesus' followers were together. The doors were locked, because they were afraid of the elders. Then Jesus came and stood right in the middle of them and said, "Peace be with you."... Then Jesus said again, "Peace be with you. ..." John 20 19-21 (ESV)
A week later the followers were in the house again. ... The doors were locked but Jesus came in and stood right in the middle of them. He said, "Peace be with you." John 20:26 (ESV)
Mary was in the garden crying. Jesus appeared, but she didn't know it was him until He spoke her name.
Later Jesus appeared to the disciples. They doors were locked for they were scared. That didn't stop Jesus. He came and stood right in the middle of them.
Jesus knows each of us by name. He calls us by name, and knows all the details of what's going on.
Jesus comes and brings peace to our scary situations as well.
Today, my heart hurt for many going through much in this life on earth. Physical pain, broken hearts, big questions, unknowns, loss, grief, stress, and many hard things... I wanted to talk to my mom. I missed her. As I watched the gentle wind blow through the trees, I asked myself what would she tell me. I quickly knew she'd say, "keep your eyes on Jesus." She always wanted me to remember that.
Yes, amidst all the hard things, I am to keep my eyes on Jesus. This afternoon that meant praying, and continuing to list my gifts.
Am trip to the Farmer's market, fresh-beautiful veggies, cherries, coffee, prayer with a dear friend, being loved, friends being there for friends, clothes, shoes, socks, sheets, pillow, blankets, a bed, couches, chairs, joy amidst hard things, trusting God, peace, a home, watching the wind blow the leaves & branches, birds singing...
As I list my gifts-blessings that God gives daily I see His great love, provision, and care. My heart is filled with great joy as I see all the amazing blessings in each day.
May you also know, today, how Jesus knows your name. He knows the details of what's going on in your world. He is there, and He comes into your situation bringing peace even amidst hard things.
No comments:
Post a Comment