Saturday, September 20, 2014

Coffee!

I sipped the warm coffee with almond milk. It was a big exclamation mark to the truths I had been reminded of this week.

She had handed me the big bag of coffee grounds while asking, "Could I use this? Would I drink it?' I said that I wasn't sure, for I'd never had that kind before. She then said, "It was Wes' favorite." I immediately replied, "Yes!!!! I would love to have it! If it was Wes' favorite, yes!" I was honored to have his coffee. I carefully placed it in the freezer.

The following morning I wondered if I should save the coffee or use it. I quickly decided that it was a wonderful treat after quite a week.

Wes hadn't planned to be with Jesus now. He is though. As I sipped on his coffee, I was reminded of how he loved others so well. Whatever he did, he did it with great love. That's how many remember him. The frustrations he faced on those challenging days aren't the legacy which he has left behind. It's a life of love: he daily brought coffee to his wife whom he adored & loved being with, he chatted often in the morning with the neighbor as they headed off to work, he was always ready to help others in anyway that he could, his smiles of love and care brought great joy to many, he was honest, loved his family very well, he was always loving others well in whatever he did...He fully, totally loved God and others!

So that frustrating thing for me this week...that thing that had me asking many questions on the inside to myself and God... where many tears were shed...at the end of my life that isn't what will be remembered...

What's really important is did I love God well, and did I love others well?

The to do list which still has oodles on it for the weekend...it's all good! I did the most important thing today. I had the amazing privilege to be with very special people. That is priceless. There will always be things on the "to do list." In the midst of all the to do's, and when setting it aside, am I loving others well?

Slow down, sip that cup of coffee, tea, or water, and remember loving well is what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment