Sunday, February 8, 2015

The In Between

There are so many gifts daily!
Photo by Darcy Hansen
What about the times when God doesn't do what we think is best? What about when the healing doesn't come? What about the unexpected event(s) that sends one whirling? What about when one goes 3 steps forward and then 2 or 4 steps back? Where is God then? 

Yes, God does do miracles. I've seen Him do amazing things.  I continue to ask and believe God for miracles. Sometimes, though, the miracle doesn't come. What then?

I believe God is right there. 

A favorite song by Michael W. Smith says it very well. 
"There is beauty in our tears. ... You meet us with a love that casts out fear, You are working in our waiting... when beyond our understanding You are teaching us to trust....

Your plans are still to prosper, You have not forgotten us, You are with us in the fire and the flood, You're faithful forever, perfect in love, You are sovereign over us

You are wisdom unimagined, Who could understand your ways, Ringing high above the heavens reaching down in endless grace. ... You surround me and You uphold me, Your promises are my delight,

Even what the enemy means for evil, You turn it for our good, and for Your glory,  even in the valley you are faithful."

Some would and do say or think, "you didn't believe enough, or what sin is in your life..." when the miracle doesn't come... What about for whatever reason (which we likely don't fully understand) God is working by not doing that miracle? 

I believe He sees the whole big picture, and there are some things I just don't understand. I put those things I don't understand in a file in my head called, "I don't get it." Then I list in my head what I do know for sure. 

God is good. In the valley-on the mountains-in sunshine-in big storms-on the side of the road...He is there, faithful, and loves us greatly! That's what I know for sure. 

So when the tears roll -I let them roll-I list my gifts/blessings-I look up to God who loves me dearly and is right with me-I choose to trust God-I list what I know for sure in my heart-and I take the next step for that day-when I've gone steps ahead I celebrate that-I list my gifts/blessings-I trust God- and I take the next step for that day

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 

That verse has been posted for several months in a very visible place in my home. God is able to make all grace abound to me so that in EVERYTHING - ALL THE TIME- HAVING ALL I NEED, I will abound in every good work. 

So, there are many things I don't get. I could list them, but instead I put them in that file in my head. I look up-keeping my eyes on Jesus-I list my gifts/blessings-what I know for sure and I take the next  step one day at a time

God is there. He loves us. God is at work. Even when we don't get it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment