![]() |
| Beautiful "full life" tree |
Next, there were several trees that had deep red, wilted leaves, but the leaves were still on the branches. I wondered, "did you forget to loose your leaves?"
Then, there were several more trees with empty tree branches. They were ready for the new life in the spring to grow on them.
I saw a few more that looked like they had forgotten to loose their leaves.
"What are you not letting go of?" came to mind. "What are you hanging on to? There is freedom and new life in letting go."
I was just on a nice drive to church admiring the trees when that still small voice interrupted with deep questions and getting straight to my heart regarding issues that I was wrestling with. Would I let go of what I was holding on to, and fully trust God for the full life, and freedom that letting go brings?
"Every day, we have a choice. We can stay nestled in our safe comfortable places... We can let fear of something that really is small compared to the greatness of God cripple us. Or we can take a risk, do something to help someone else, make a person smile, change someone's world. Life to the fullest exists. It's available. All we have to do is decide to get up and embrace it" (from Kisses from Katie by Beth Clark, Katie J. Davis)
I choose to let go. I know that letting go brings freedom and new life.

Amen, my friend. This is beautiful, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteDear Kari-
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment, and for reading.
God is at work. :)
Love you-
Pam