Sunday, June 17, 2012

One.

For me, swimsuit shopping is not an activity I enjoy.  For the past several years, mine has needed to be replaced. I waited too long to do it, and then my size was sold out.

Recently, I purchased several online not knowing which one would fit.  My thought was thought if more than one fit, I would have two that would last for many years. That would eliminate shopping for them for several years.  The order came. Some of it fit, but most needed to be returned.

So, yesterday, I went to the store where the items could be returned. I knew in my heart that God was asking me to buy, and keep only one that fit. All I needed to get was one.  Long story short, I found one that fit.  There was another one that fit also.

Having a swimsuit in itself is a gift, an extra, a luxury.  It is not a need to live on. Food, water, and shelter are needs.

Honestly, I have asked God several times the last few days, "really, it's not that big of a deal. I've had more than one swimsuit before." "One," comes to mind each time I ask.  :)

It is a big deal because it comes down to obeying what I know God is asking of me.  (I'm not saying that having more than one swimsuit is wrong! For me, today, it's an obedience issue.) Very grateful to find a swimsuit that fits! I will fully enjoy having one. :)

There is great blessing in obeying God. What is God asking of you? Will you cheerfully obey? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment