Thursday, June 14, 2012

This and That

Actions really do speak louder than words.  What are my actions speaking each day?  I never really know who is watching me. My hope and prayer is that others see Jesus in me, and are drawn to a relationship with Him.  Loving God, Loving Others, and Serving the World is how I am to live.  I have been deeply touched by some comments today. Part of me wanted to say, and ask, "Wow-when did you see me doing that?" Of course, I didn't say that. But I was reminded that I am to be a light of God's love all the time, and others are watching me even when I don't realize it. :)  How can you shine God's love today?
The back of a big van in front of me one am
God does provide! I have seen this so, so, so, so, so many times! He provides a friend to chat at the perfect time.  He provides a friend to share loving words of truth, which help direct my path.  He provides strength, and energy to finish what needs to be done.  He provides words of encouragement from friends through texts, email, and voice messages.  He provides a friend who can always make me smile regardless of what's going on. He provides friends who pray for me, and travel life's path with me.  He provides friends who celebrate with me, and share in my joy.  He provides sleep for me. I could go on and on... How has God provided for you recently?

Sometimes, I get to wait on God.  God sometimes answers our prayers with a yes. Sometimes a no. Sometimes,  he answers with a wait. When it is a wait, that means stop. Stop trying to figure it out. Stop wondering if it's going to be a no. Stop even looking backwards. (No, you aren't going backwards on the road! Not even an option!)  It means I get to enjoy the beautiful scenery as I wait patiently.  Think Rwandan time, "wait, wait, wait, wait, and wait some more. Enjoy waiting. " :) When I wait, I see things that I wouldn't see if I wasn't waiting.  Great beauty and gifts in the journey can be found.  Like the other day, I was waiting in traffic. I saw 2 big trucks. I wondered what was in them. I then listed some great things trucks do. They bring food from one place to another. That is good! We are blessed to have big trucks that move many things. Then I thanked God for the trucks, and the paved road for them to drive on. I was then listing my gifts as I crawled through traffic. Waiting is an adventure, if I let it be. :)  Are you in a waiting place? What beauty can you see along your road of waiting?

No comments:

Post a Comment