I tell people often, "come with me to Rwanda. It will wreck you in the most beautiful way." :)
One of the many ways that I have been changed is that I find myself turning around thoughts. For example, "Oh, I have to clean the bathrooms today." I try to quickly turn it around with, "I am grateful I have a bathroom to clean today." Recently, at school there were many boxes to unpack. Instead of, "I have so many boxes to unpack, I tried to focus on, "I am grateful for the boxes, for in them are items that I can teach with." Or how about, "I have so much laundry to do." I turn it around with, "I'm grateful for a washer and dryer to help me do laundry." "I have to run errands." Turn it around with, "I'm grateful for a car to run errands, for money to pick up what I need, for stores, for paved roads to get there easily, for health to be able to run errands...."
I find myself turning around thoughts daily. Give it a try today-turn those thoughts around. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment