Yesterday, in my quest to get lots of laundry done, I didn't do the best job planning. By the time I was ready to go to bed, the sheets were still washing.It was no problem. I had a clean mattress cover that had just come out of the dryer. I had a comforter, and I had a favorite blue, cozy, soft blanket. As I put my comforter over the mattress pad, and went to the closet to pull out 2 other pillow cases, my mind quickly wandered...What about my Maria, Deodetta, and Hajati? Are they warm tonight? I knew I had other blankets if I was to get cold. What do they and so many other children do when they need another blanket? What about all the children who sleep on the mud ground without a mattress? How are they warm, or are they? Do my girls need more blankets? Maybe I should check on that.
As I slept last night, and would pull my blanket over me for warmth, again, I would think of my girls, and other children.
I thanked God for my bed, for my mattress, for my pillows, pillow cases, sheets, and blankets. I will also be writing my girls to ask if they need more blankets.
I love what Charles from Africa New Life says, "You can't change the whole world, but you can change the world for one." I can't buy more blankets for the whole world, but I can be sure my three sponsored girls have enough warm blankets.
Whose world can you change today?
No comments:
Post a Comment