| "Bridgeport Rwanda" |
| Marie |
Marie came to join us while shopping. She is here for a year to teach students that have been selected to go to school from the street kids program. Another teacher and I were happy to be able to give her a few supplies which she could use. We are both very motivated to get other supplies to her. I was asked to teach her students on Monday. Not sure how or what I will teach. I will let you know. :)
| Last of Myrtle Beach team leaving |
I am still trying to wrap my head around how even Ibuprofen requires a doctor's prescription. We have SO MUCH to be thankful for in the US. Most all of us even have toilets to sit on, running water, clean water, access to many medicines that are over the counter...Pit toilets (a hole in the ground) are very common here. I think I must just leave it, and focus on what God has me doing here each day.
10 days to go on this amazing adventure.
I wonder if the RX requirement is so instructions can be given or so it will be covered on the insurance card. I was able to purchase a lot of meds over the counter at a pharmacy while living there with no problem. I hope it wasn't just because I was a mzungu. Some of the things I was able to purchase OTC require an RX here in the US so it goes both ways.
ReplyDelete