| All Kigali sponsored children for center day |
Today, Saturday, we awoke to the beautiful sound of raindrops. Birds singing quickly followed. :)
Part of the team went to Kageo, for they will be leaving in Tues. They had an amazing day! I was so happy that they were able to see my Deodetta (my sponsored child) and give her big hugs of love. My heart was filled with joy when I saw the picture. Shortly after seeing the picture, it hit me that I will not get to see her again this trip. A bit of sadness filled my heart. I am so very grateful that I have met her, and that I was able to do a home visit. I love her so much!
![]() |
| Alex sharing with 1st to 3rd graders Bible Seminary being built in the background |
| Friend's sponsored child |
It was an honor to get to pray with one of them. As I prayed the tears began to roll. I was so touched when she took my hands and held them as I fought back the tears. I hugged her, and told her that I will continue to pray for her, that I believe God has big plans for her, to stay in school, and make good choices. Her eyes welled up with tears, along with our translator as well. My heart is broken for this precious young girl.
| Getting to pray for this child and her family |
| Fighting back the tears |
The team had lunch back at the guest house. I was so very happy to meet Godfrey, Fred's brother!! Several of us jumped up off the sofa to give him a hug when we realized he was related to Fred. He was amazed at our excitement to meet him. I had to take a photo with him. I knew there was a Godfrey in the family, but hadn't met him yet. :)
| Kigali Genocide Memorial |
![]() |
| Flowers left at a mass grave "Never Again" |
Much love to you all-


No comments:
Post a Comment