 |
| Dream Boys |
Today, I had so much fun as I joined the Portland team! :) Several were already great friends, and others I am so enjoying getting to know better. :) The day began with group worship and devotions. It was a wonderful way to start the day together. Then we met with Africa New Life staff to go over the team's schedule, and for them to have an orientation to ANLM here in Rwanda. I cheered when I was told a few times by ANLM staff that I am not a mazoogoo (white person) -I am African now. :) I enjoyed getting to answer some team members questions throughout the day.
 |
| Shane and Dream boys |
 |
| Dream boys receiving book with paper to write in |
 |
| Ginger and a Dream Boy |
The team then headed to the Dream Center property to be with Marie and the Dream boys. The team immediately jumped in loving the boys with smiles, hugs, and high fives. We celebrated with the boys when they were handed a book with paper in it to write on. The boys were so very happy! :)
The Family Center was next on the schedule. It is where items can be purchased that are made by those who have graduated from the sewing program. Team members set aside items they wanted to purchase, or had measurements for shirts or skirts made.
 |
| Team introducing themselves to Dream Kids |
 |
| Hiking in for home visit |
Next, we returned to the guest house for lunch. We headed out for 4 home visits. Home visits are always incredible. On one we hiked in quite a ways. The family said that they had never 1 mazoongoo come to their home before. (There were 17 today, and 3 Africans-Rebecca, Robert, and me :) For I was counted as African today. :))
 |
| Darcy meeting sponsored child for 1st time |
 |
| Home visit |
 |
| Van adventure |
WOW! The ANLM drivers are amazing! They way the are able to drive on the dirt pot hole roads is incredible!!! Home visits are always amazing!!! It was a joy to get to go along. One van did get a bit stuck, but Steven is amazing, and we eventually drove right out of it. Before that, Steven needed some ladies in the back seat to try to weigh down the van. I immediately volunteered. As we climbed in, Steven said, "trust me." I responded with "I fully trust you Steven." :) All 4 of us ladies prayed out loud as the guys pushed, and Steven drove. We piled out and he worked on the tire where it was stuck, and then all the ladies were needed back in the van to weigh it down. We also prayed again, the guys pushed, and we drove right out of it. :) It was an adventure! ;)
 |
| Home visit |
 |
| A neighbor and beautiful baby at a home visit |
No comments:
Post a Comment