Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 1



I just returned from being with the street kids. Wow-amazed at how many smaller kids were there today. The kids all want to hold your hand, fingers, arm.  Moses, ( from Hindura-the music group that came to the US) was there which was nice. He was volunteering to be there to interpret. Immediately I had several holding my arm, hand, fingers, and gently rubbing my arm. Some knew English. It seemed like more than before. I was standing with them, and eventually just sat down on the ground where Moses was sitting with some kids. When he first saw me, he came to ask me if I was okay. It was nice to chat with him. Obed was there too. He is AMAZING with the kids. He takes his God given authority with them, and yet still has an amazing heart for the kids. It was a total joy to see him at work. At one point a liitle guy fell asleep on my leg. It was hot, and we evetually moved over to the shade. He had to have been so hot. He didn't want to let go of me though. They had worship, and devotions. One little guy was trying to get in to sit with me, and the others were saying there is not room. I just picked him up and put him on my lap. :) There is room for everyone to be loved on. :) I did lots of gently rubbing backs, arms, putting my arm around them, and praying for them in my heart. To see the kids worship and dance is so humblng. They have nothing in terms of material things. They dance, sing, smile and worship God. I helped with hand washing for  their meal. They came to a bucket and I dumped water on their hands. The water fell into another bucket. Some wanted more than 1 cup of water to wash up. I so gave it to them! :)

Once again my heart is so moved by these children. I became very thirsty, but my bag was not with me. It was on another part of the Dream Center property.  As I was thirsty for hours, I know that I could go get clean fresh water to drink. It was just in my bag. These kids don't have that options. At times I would be very hot in the sun. I wondered how these kids do- they do not have a home to go cool off in.  Honored that for today, I was able to tangible love these children by simply holding a hand, finger, sitting with them. I couldn't solve their difficult situations, but for today, I was able to give them love. 

Seems incredible that I am here. :) A smile beamed ear to ear as we traveled to the dream center property this am. I was so happy to be back in Rwanda.! The Dream Center is where the New Life church is, along with the family center, street kids program, Africa New Life offices, and where soon there will be a seminary. They are praying about funds for a medical center. Amazing to see all that God has done since the last time I was here.

4 comments:

  1. Pam, Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am reminded just how far a smile, hug, or friendly gesture can go, even here in Eugene OR. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, so thrilled to read your blog. I am so pleased are there with the children. How wonderful to be able to reach out and touch and love them. You go girl and have a blast in the hot sun.
    Love you, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to share, Pam. You are a blessing...there in Rwanda and back here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much to each of you!!! Your comments made me smile! Many blessings to each of you!!!

    ReplyDelete