Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wow!!!

Rebecca 1 and I
Wow! It is so amazing that I get to be here, and work alongside amazing people! Today, I worked with Rebecca #1. (There are now more than 2 Rebeccas on staff. From my first trip, I knew 2 of them as Rebecca 1, and Rebecca 2. The numbers helped us know which Rebecca we were talking about etc.) Both Rebeccas are amazing! I edited child sponsorship letters, and then created a list of the letters with the child's sponsor number, and sponsor. There are many steps along the way for a sponsor to receive a letter from their child. The staff works very hard to help sponsors receive letters from their child. They have huge hearts for the children. I smiled big when I came across letters for sponsors that I know. We laughed throughout the day too. I sat at her desk, and she called me RebeccaPam yesterday.  Everyone that came in thought that was funny. She and Francis thought it was funny that I said I did not know what they were talking about when they were talking to each other in a language that was not English. They were talking and then paused to ask if I knew what they were saying. I smiled and said no. They both laughed. I had no idea what they were talking about. :) It is a joy to see and hear them laughing. It was an honor and joy to get to work with Rebecca today.

Me editing child sponsorship letters
I also saw two friends that I hadn't seen yet. Francis and Carol were so surprised and happy to see me. When I saw Specioza and Rebecca the first time a few days ago, they also were very surprised to see me. I have heard many times, "Pam or Pamela, you are welcome here!" It was so fun to tell them that I am here for a month. :)

I bought a cell phone here for about $10. Grace helped Brook and I purchase it in a shop. We were grateful for her help. It will be good to have it here, especially when Brooke leaves. Checking in by phone regarding the next day's plans is very helpful for everyone here.

As we returned to the guest house, I watched out the window and thought, "wow, I am in Africa. This is wild." :) Amazed that I am here and get to be here for a month.

Tomorrow I get to love the street kids again. The verse that has been on my heart is Mark 10:16. "And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them." I get to love these precious children. May you also love the children, and those God has placed in your world today. True deep joy does not come from material things.  True joy comes from a relationship with God who loves each of us so much. We get to receive God's love, and then love others. For me on Thursday, that means giving love to the street children here in Rwanda. Who are you to love today? Many blessings to you!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you, Pam, and am praying for your time...your heart will bless many and you will be blessed..thanks for sharing your heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your prayers! I feel them! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete