Saturday, July 9, 2011

Totally Going

Grateful for so many things! In May, I injured my foot and have been wearing a removable boot cast since then. I went to the doctor yesterday and was grateful to see and hear how the bone in my foot is healing. As he pushed on different areas of my foot, I about leaped out of my chair in pain while the doctor asked "Does this hurt, how about here?..." He had me go get an MRI for further information regarding the intense pain as he pushed on it. Someone asked me before going to the doctor yesterday, "what if he says you can't go to Rwanda?" I replied with, "Oh, we are way past that! I am going even if I have to wear this boot and have it covered in the beautiful red Rwandan dirt the whole time! I already asked that question several weeks ago, and the doctor (thankfully) said that I could still go."  We shall see what it shows, and what the doctor says next week. I am so grateful though! I got to close my eyes and rest a few minutes while the MRI was done.  Grateful for amazing friends who have and are helping me this week, grateful for the encouraging words from those that love me, for those that have and are allowing me to sleep at their homes this week, for my new home when I return from Rwanda, grateful for phone calls with kind words from friends, for prayers, for all that have sponsored me to go to Rwanda, for coffee, yummy pancakes this am made by a friend, that I am able to go to the doctor when I needed to, for Advil, ice, cold soaks, incredible family, that I get to celebrate my niece's 10th birthday tomorrow, for the healing that has happened with my foot, and for the amazing adventure ahead. What are you grateful for today? Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment