 |
| Jovanus with his mom, and dad back home |
True joy does not come from how much "stuff" you have. Deep joy comes from a relationship with God, and out of that loving others. Today, I had the incredible privilege to visit my 2 sponsored girls, and 3 children who are sponsored by friends. I got to tangibly show love by brining them food. It was a unique opportunity. We left very early this am to go to Kageo first. On the way is Kayonza, where we dropped a few items off at Africa New Life's child sponsorship office. We also purchased some ittems for the home visits. I purchased a big bag of maize flour, rice, and sugar for Jovanus and his family as well. His mom was so happy when we got back in the truck and Rebecca told her. We had Jovanus and his mom with us. We were taking them back to Kageo. They were homesick. Jovanus will come weekly to Kigalli for his physical therapy. It was an honor to get to see his Papa, and others welcome him home.
 |
| Meeting Deodetta for the first time |
From Kayonza to Kageo, there is a dirt road filled with many, many, many potholes. We were all shaken around for about an hour and then you arrive. :) I was able to see Deodetta, my sponsored child whom I had not met yet. It was so wonderful to meet her, her mom, and grandma. They were so happy to meet me, and grateful for the supplies. I shared with them how God was the one providing for them. I got to bring it, but that God had sent me to Rwanda through many people sponsoring me to come. They wanted to be a part of what God is doing through Africa New Life, and they sent me.
 |
| Deodetta, her mom, grandma, and the goat |
 |
| Nathan's first car ride |
We then got to visit Nathan, a friend's sponsored child. He had such a sweet spirit about him. His mom was so grateful to meet me, and thankful for the food supplies from his sponsor.
 |
| Ermima |
 |
| Feliciane and his mom |
Then, we headed back to Kayonza. Once there, I met Ermima, and Feleciane, who are some more friend's sponsored kids. It is such an honor to get to do home visits with them, and bring love from their sponsors. They were both very happy to see me, and send their love to their sponosrs.
 |
| Maria and her family |
Then I got to see my Maria. She is getting older, and growing up from when I saw her on my last trip. I was able to meet her mom, and siblings. She and her family were so happy with the supplies, especially the goat. :)
 |
| Maria and her goat |
 |
| Praying with Maria and her family |
 |
| Praying with Feliciane's family |
 |
| Praying with Nathan's family |
 |
| Praying with Deodetta's family |
It was an amazing day. I prayed with each
family before leaving. The staff and I came back to Kigali very tired, but filled with great joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment